FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coach seat vs. FC bathroom
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:38 pm
kinglobjaw

Flew to TPA last weekend, and was upgraded to First and I witnessed something that upset me.

It was the A321 and beverage service in the back has just commenced. Cart was by row 8. An elderly gentleman sitting in row 4, with a cane who could barely walk, struggled to make it to the then empty First class cabin lavatory and was just about to enter, when suddenly, the FA, stopped preping drinks and told him to turn back around and use one of "we have many toilets in the back". The FA was excellent and Above & Beyond worthy up until that incident, which made me put my envelope away and reconsider.

You don't do that to anyone, and definitely not a senior passenger, regardless of where the cart is (in this case it was by row 8, so still a long ways to go).

Whats also interesting to note is that the F/A was not so young herself, so should completely understand what was going on. I'm not saying that this would be OK if it was a younger F/A, but today's youth that surrounds me possess a rhetoric that seems to say, we're young so it's OK for us to disrespect elders. It's not in any case.

-Kinglobjaw