FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:25 pm
youreadyfreddie

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by thehawk75
I would advise caution.

An Associated Press article just came out an hour ago regarding the business and residence of a Mr. Peter P. Pickles of San Diego, CA being being stormed by Federal agent and having all records and equipment being seized, due to a very complex scam that was alleged to be defrauding the United States government millions of dollars via the use of the $1 coins and credit cards. The defense attorney for Mr. Pickles claims that these were all legitimate transactions which were in fact encouraged by the US Mint and thus Fraud had not occurred. However, the Attorney Generals office has countered that what Mr. Peter Pickles was doing was not in the spirit of what the mint was suggesting, and as thus he is being held pending felony charges. It is expected that Federal Lawmakers are going to repeal the ban on public stonings in order to provide adequate punishment to fit the crime.
I'm from San Diego and have a number of contacts throughout the SDPD and local federal sources. Word on the street is that the namesake bird gave him up. Can you believe it? The bird squawked!