FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 4: FlyerTalk as a "global" frequent traveller community
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:51 am
Art234

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I completely agree that FT is a a global community-we have members from around the world who participate here, and who contribute to the international flavor of this board. I think there is more of a global reach here than on any other aviation related board I read.

I am not sure so much that there is so much a US bias here, but it does appear that a significant majority of posters and participants are based in the United States, which can give the appearance of bias, just in the fact that there might be more posts from the US, or that American members might raise more issues. That being said, I am not aware of ANY bias in any of the administrative areas, and I am admittedly not familiar with the issue brought up the original post. Just because a travel provider is not popular in the states, or an issue is not important here does not mean it should not be covered or discussed here.

While it's true there is power in numbers, I think the Talk Board should remain entirely unbiased and dedicated to equal say for all members from all corners of the globe--and I have no information that it is not so at this time. As a member of the board, I would want to hear every side of an issue, and to me just because a majority are from one country or area does not make their point of view necessarily the right one. I give more weight to WHAT is being said than I do to how many times I hear it said....

Thanks.