FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand
Old Feb 13, 2002, 2:39 pm
travlr

We stayed at the Sheraton Phuket Nov. 2000. It was by far the nicest vacation my husband and I have had. The room we had was HUGE (the furnishings were nothing special, though). The food was fantastic & the pool...the pool...I can't say enough about it - it meanders through the whole complex. There are some rooms that you can jump right from your patio into the pool.

We also stayed at the Marriott Riverside in Bangkok for 3 days before going to Phuket (since then I think the name has changed). Although I'm not a fan of Bangkok, the resort was amazing - I have never had so many choices at the breakfast buffet each day - the juice selection alone was neat - one of the choices was watermelon juice! Trader Vic's was great & although we had appetizers, drinks, entrees & desserts, we never spent more than $60 for dinner for the two of us. I had a Thai massage there (it was difficult to get an appointment - very booked up) that was only $23 for an hour. The ambiance was also great - all hardwood rooms, etc.

The employees both resorts were fantastic - esp. at the Marriott. My mouth hurt from smiling so much at the end of the trip.

We can't wait to go back to Phuket someday...