FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HNL Thrifty Experience
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:33 pm
sng8888

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, AA, Worldperks, Asiamiles, BA Miles
Originally Posted by jackal
That said, Blue Chip does come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you're not fully satisfied with your rental experience (and I'm not sure how you wouldn't be, given that your impression comes from your own false expectations and errors), you can get one day free. Each location should have one of these forms on file. Of course, you have to book with your Blue Chip number in order to qualify for this guarantee.
I have found that the Blue Chip guarantee also works after you have returned a car. Had reserved a car in a hotel location in Cancun this year. When we showed up there wasn't I had booked (intermediate). More importantly it was a manual and we had specified an automatic. They didn't have any more cars as some renters had decided to keep their car longer. They also insisted on charging us a $5/day "contract fee" which was not on the reservation when we made it. With wife playing bad cop, and me playing good cop, the owner at the location (I believe a franchised location) was able to swing a Jeep Wrangler from Avis at the airport. After the long wait for the car to get to us I wasn't going to bother with the "contract fee" in Cancun.

When I got back home I called Thrifty's and after a quick explanation, they apologized, sent a cheque for the contract fee and $20 cash coupons for use on a future rental.

I would say Thrifty's have been fairly decent with addressing perceived errors on their part. I once reserved a car rental at Las Vegas that they couldn't find the reservation. I had a print out of it. They promptly honored my reservation. A few weeks later I get a coupon from Thrifty for a free rental day. Almost 1 year later I get an email reminder that I have an upcoming rental at Vegas. Apparently I had made a reservation a year in advance by mistake!