FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2002, 2:29 pm
dmfriedman

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ual1k:
Picked up the following in e-mail today:

"New Platinum Arrival Gift! Platinum members, keep an eye out for your new arrival gift, the next time you check-in to a North American Marriott or Renaissance hotel, resort or suites. Instead of receiving a pre-packaged snack as you have in the past, you'll now be greeted by a menu which offers you a selection of beverages and snacks from which to choose. Once you're settled in, simply call room service when you're ready, and the items you've chosen will be personally delivered to your room!"

</font>
This has been discussed in at least one other thread, but since I just got to the Renaissance Waverly in Atlanta and have the menu in front of me, I thought I'd share...

Side 1:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Dear Valued Platinum Marriott Rewards Member,

In an effort to extend a more personalized welcome to you, we are pleased to offer you an array of arrival gift items from which to choose. It is our way of saying "Thank You" for your loyal patronage of Renaissance. We hope that you find having this type of choice better suits your individual desires.

Please call Room Service when you are ready to make your selection. Thank you for choosing Renaissance, we appreciate your business.</font>
On side two:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Choice of one of the following:
  • Coke, Diet Coke or Sprint (2)
  • Bottled Water (2)
  • 1/2 bottle of Meridian Merlot (1)
  • 1/2 bottle of Meridian Chardonnay (1)
  • Sam Adams Boston Lager (1)

Choice of one of the following:
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Premium mixed nuts
  • Pint of ice cream
</font>
So you choose one from the beverages, and one from the snacks. To me, this is much better... it means that when I order my dinner from room service, I'll get my drinks and ice cream for free!