FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:46 pm
zrs70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Unless there is an equipment swap, you will be on a two class plane in F. There are a few domestic three class birds (in addition to the JFK market), but those are getting rarer.

The seat on UA three class C is always better than two class F. The service is reported to be better in two class F than three class C. But I've never really though of it all that different. I would therefore go for seat over service.

That said, there are other options (if you are willing to change some flights)

1) Reroute yourself to LAX-JFK/LGA-YYZ. Mind you, you will have to change airports in NY, but you will get transcon PS F.

2) Reroute LAX-IAD-YYZ. If you don't mind overnighting in LAX, there is a morning LAX-IAD on a three class 777.

3) Reroute LAX-YVR-YYZ on AC. I think there are still some international C products on the YVR-YYZ sector.

4) Catch a nonstop on AC LAX-YYZ. It would save a lot of hassles, and the service will be just as good, if not better, than the UA F (two cabin) flights.