FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa (Dana Point, CA) [Master Thread]
Old Jul 3, 2001, 12:35 pm
Stardust

Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa (Dana Point, CA) [Master Thread]

I am staying at the Laguna Cliffs Resort in Dana Point - Has anyone stayed there before? Can you tell me how it compares to other Marriott's?

I used most of my award points up last year for a reward but a few months I applied for a Marriott Visa and got 10,000 points. I then switched my AT&T account to Marriott as well. In no time, I had 19,000 points. I called customer service today and asked if I could buy 1,000 points for $10 and get a voucher for a one night stay under the 706 plan. She said yes but I should make my reservations first because the hotel I wanted to stay at was a Choice hotel and very popular. I then called the Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort and made reservations for Labor Day weekend and said I was using the 706 old award. The lady there said she did not think I could use the 706 award and I told her I just talked to marriottrewards and they said I could. I then went onto another board and looked up what people were paying for Marriott Laguna Cliffs on priceline. The cheapest price I saw was $59 so I put in a priceline bid of $59 for the second night and I got it! Whoopee! The cheapest rate I could get going through marriott online was $249.00. So with buying 1,000 points and using the old reward system and going through priceline I got two nights for under $100.