FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:03 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The OP is the only person in the world who absolutely knows if he smoked or not. The hotel obviously highly suspects it, feels they can stand by their people, and feels they are due the remedy they have implemented. So, this is a classic "he said/she said" scenario that none of us can really affirm one way or another. We can certainly choose sides if we wish to based upon the circumstances presented by the OP, but then - like you said - we are only hearing one side of the story.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Or 1 of the OPs friends might have. But either way I would have thought the Hotel would have Dinged him for the cleaning charges 1-2-3 and not have waited as long as they have

It has happened to a couple of my friends at non-*W Hotels and the charge was there within a day. Of cause when it was disputed and the Hotel wasnt able to supply the receipts from the Professional Cleaning company the CC held in Favor of its Customer and did a charge back to the Hotel

I would think that if someone in fact did smoke that the Hotel wouldnt have simply sent a maid in with a can of freshener, but would have hired a Professional company to make sure everything was cleansed of smoke, so that the next occupant wouldnt have the smell.

I do know that when a person gets it on with a member of a flight crew and doesnt back down. That crew member simply says Your Off this Flight and says they feel threathened that the person might come to do something mid-flight and the Cockpit crew will automatically back their fellow workers, and off you go.

I dont know too if the OP or a friend of his smoked or not, but I can see where a Hotel will use this as a Smoke Screen (pun intended) and reason to put an end to everything.

after all wasnt this the same Hotel that went to court against another person who sued them , I think over an Error Rate and claimed that person did things that he didnt do.

A recent Westin stay where the DND on my door wasnt Honored by Housekeeping. The mgr spoke with the person and she said all I did was close the door. Of cause when I insisted someone come up and check out the room, they were able to see that in fact the room was serviced and she didnt simply just close the door that she said she found not locked

Last edited by craz; Oct 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm