FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I screwed up - I need a bigger car
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:53 pm
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Ok, I'm back, here's what happened...

First of all, MDW is a zoo (my first time there) - cramped old garage, get there and several people are standing around, some to pick up a car, some to drop off their keys, etc. One harried woman is doing it ALL, incoming and outgoing, so when it was my turn I said "boy, they have you running around today, don't they?" she says "yeah, it's been awful"...they I asked "do you have something nice for me to today?" and she says "all our cars our nice (lowers her voice) except for the crappy calibers...but I've got a brand new KIA Optima for you, you're the first person to have it." She said it was a midsize, I've never driven a KIA but it looked fine, like everyone would fit, so I was happy. They had a lot of these big station-wagon things, not mini vans, I don't know what they were, but that would have been bad with the big step up for the seniors so everything worked out. BUT GET THIS...one of the seniors was not able to go, so we ended up with only 4 people anyway, so everything was fine.

Now I've got another problem with Thrifty coming up next month - our daughter, sil and grandson have just decided to come with us to visit grandma, so now we WANT a mini-van and have a midsize booked (minivans are VERY high in PHX for that trip) so I am going to use a lot of the hints posted above and some others, too. Thanks again all.
Glad it all worked out! Haven't driven the Optima, but it seems like a good size, not too large to maneuver around but big enough to fit everyone comfortably.