FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)
Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:56 pm
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Dining Service
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today's flight. We invite you to experience new menu items we call American Classics, which are popular entrees from menus past redefined with a modern twist. American Classics is where comfort meets gourmet.

To Start Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer Mojito shrimp served with somen noodles garnished with parsley

Salad A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens, offered with classic Caesar dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar, accompanied by a chile cucumber salad

Bread Basket Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Chili Coconut Shrimp
Sauteed shrimp simmered in a chili coconut herb sauce, offered with sauteed vegetables and jasmine rice with vermicelli. An American Classics item
Cheese Ravioli Semolina pasta filled with four cheeses, offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sauteed shallots and sliced mushrooms

Dine Upon Request(r)You may choose one of the featured entrees for you Dine Upon Request selection, presented all at once, at any time you wish during the flight.

Desert Ice cream sundae - Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans
or
Fruit and cheese - a selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

To Finish Ghirardelli chocolates

Light Refreshment Freshly baked on board cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For Your Enjoyment Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wine and Beverages
Sparkling Wine
Scudo di Corte Prosecco
White Wines
ONEHOPE Chardonnay
Principato Pinot Grigio
Red Wines
Buena Vista Carneros Pinot Noir
Murphy-Goode Cabernet Sauvignon
---------
Despite the shrimp appetizer, I had the shrimp entree because I think AA does a terrible job with pastas. The shrimp main was pretty tasty, although due to what I suspect was a catering error, there were no sauteed vegetables, just lots of rice.
Same last night from JFK-SEA BUT I don't think the lack of veggies is a catering error because I had the same thing. I think the couple bits of chopped up veggies are what they mean. Kind of misleading. I thought the shrimp was good. But why would you have a shrimp app when you have it as an entree? Seems really odd menu planning.

Both the Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir were decent. Glenlivet didn't run out either.