FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - After heated/unpleasant discussions on FT, how do you interact at a DO in person?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:51 pm
SFflyer123

Programs: UA 1K
After heated/unpleasant discussions on FT, how do you interact at a DO in person?

I've read some pretty harsh interactions here on FT (mainly regarding fuel dumps on the mileage run forum, but on the UA forum also). People flame and attack each other not infrequently. There have been underhanded remarks (ultimately removed by the mods if crossing the line), name-calling (or name-implying with deleted letters), or just simply derogatory and condescending tones. I have read quite a bit of flaming in my 1 year here at FT, and some comments are downright nasty.

The flip side to this is that people have these DOs, where total strangers interact in presumably pleasant social functions. I wonder how you interact when you are at these DO's? If you knew you had a very unpleasant interaction with another FTer, and you meet that person at a DO, what is that like? How do you interact?

Just for the record, I personally have no beef with anybody (doesn't mean they don't have one with me ), nor am I slated to go to any DO's. But I was just curious how people who went to DO's handled meeting somebody with whom they had had an unpleasant interaction on the internet.

Last edited by SFflyer123; Oct 25, 2009 at 9:59 pm