FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fiji, which outer islands are the best with house reef for snorkeling & diving?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:02 pm
GordonGordon

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question Fiji, which outer islands are the best with house reef for snorkeling & diving?

I'm planning to stay at Fiji over the christmas and new year for vacation with my wife and couple of our friends, and heard that the main island (Viti Levu) is not a good place for snorkeling since the water is not the crystal clear water and the corals are not much around.

People from TA suggest staying couple of nights at the outer islands. The problem is that there are too many outer islands to choose from. Does anyone has better suggestion for which outer island to stay and how to get there from Nadi? I don't mind any economical penisons or even any luxury 5* resort as long as it is good for snorkeling and close to the major dive site, so that I can go diving while my wife can snorkel with her friends around the hotel. Thanks for any advice in advance.