FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]
Old Jun 29, 2001, 11:43 am
Rolling Stone

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Boo Boo:

I am interested in staying at a Marriott/Rennaissance in Fort Lauderdale (but only for one night). I have narrowed it down to Marriott Harbour Beach ($149), Marriott Marina ($79) or the Rennaissance ($99 standard or $119 for a club room).

Harbour Beach is nice sitting right on the ocean. They recently renovated their rooms. Last time I was there they were working on a new spa and the pool area, and it was not available for use. Best to check first.

I would not recommend the Marina right now. Besides looking a little long in the tooth, traffic in the area is a nightmare. There's a new bridge being built right in front of the hotel - you look up at it from down below where the hotel is located. The dirt and noise are pretty bad as well.

The Rennaissance is brand new - it just opened this month. I've only been in the lobby, so I can't comment on the rooms. It's in the same general area as the Marina near the convention center, but is before the bridge approach so traffic is quite as bad.

Service at the two Marriott's has always been OK.