FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAX GA Makes Up "New" Rule about Red Carpet Boarding
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:38 pm
I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Wink UAX GA Makes Up "New" Rule about Red Carpet Boarding

Anybody ever had this happen to them...

Flying DEN>YWG last week (metal was a CRJ, aka The Devil's Chariot). I get to the gate about a minute before the flight is about board (now that's perfect timing in my humble opinion) and line up on the Red Carpet.

The rather brutish looking GA, looks me straight in the eye & says..."We're not using the Red Carpet today as to make it easier for the Duty Free guy" You'll be boarding with Group 1". Huh???

You mean the Duty free guy MIGHT have to take one extra step to hand me my duty free purchase. At this point, 2 thoughts go off in head...

#1. No big deal. (Pre Flyer Talk)
#2. BATTLE Time!

So, I politely (and rather loudly say to the agent) "You expect me to board with The Gate Lice"??? Oh the look she gave me us was great (-;

She was actaully speachless for a second! While she was trying to think of a retort, I looked at her again and politely said "Wow, that's a policy change I was unaware of? Why don't we get a Global Services Supervisor down here so she can clarify? It was like holding a cross to vampire (-:

She then REVISED her announcement to says that "1K & Global Services members will be boarding thru the Red Carpet"....

GA=0, Smart Ft'er=1