FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)
Old Oct 23, 2009, 4:02 pm
dfyant

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Angry

This morning I received a call from SPG customer service who assured me that they had spoken in depth to the hotel manager and felt their email to me was unproductive and an inappropriate way to handle the situation.

They said the manager would be giving me a call today for certain. Later today I received a call from a guest relations manager from the hotel, the same lady who had sent the kurt email. She said that the assistant housekeeping manager would have no reason to lie about smelling smoke. I explained that due to the mold complaints the employee would have every reason to lie - especially since they were the person in charge of getting rid of mold.

Please beleive me that I didn't raise my voice at all, the worst thing I did was ask her if I had already shown the assistant housekeeping manager to have said false things about the mold to which she halfheartedly agreed. I then said couldn't it be possible that this person who I already proved to be wrong was wrong about the smell of smoke too? She got very agitated after I said that.

She told me that the situation had been reviewed by her GM and Managing Director and their decision was final. They were going to stick by their housekeeping person and that the director of security had also smelled the smoke. I asked for these two people's names to which she asked why, and I told her I felt I had a right to talk to these people that accused me of this infraction and see if they really smelled smoke since I hadn't smoked. She then backtracked and said that she never said the security manager had actually smelled the smoke.

Once she did that I knew this was just going to get worse so I asked her why the GM had never called me upon numerous requests. She replied that I had never asked to speak to the General Manager. (?)

I again asked for names to which she did give me the name of the GM and the managing directors name but then paused and said she felt I was posting all this online and that I should have my attorney contact the director of security if I wanted any further information and literally hung up on me.