FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards Dining - cheated me
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:16 am
mritty

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by irabk
I have gotten into the habit of saving my cc receipts until the dine posts. What does your receipt say?
No idea. I'm not in the same habit as you, though after all this, I think I'll have to be....

Here's her latest reply:

We work very hard to ensure qualified transactions are automatically rewarded. Less than 1% of our transactions result in manual processing.

Unfortunately, there are some circumstances out of our control. For instance, the credit card processing industry is very competitive. Some merchants can change their processing equipment and fail to notify us which will affect the issuance of rewards. This is the cause for manual processing majority of the time.

Once we have identified a merchant whose transactions are not processing automatically, we begin investigating to determine the cause for such errors. Please understand that it is in our best interest to ensure proper processing as we only benefit when there are qualified transactions. In order for us to review your account for rewards, we ask that you please send us a copy of your credit card statement or receipt showing the information needed for review.

Again I do apologize for any inconvenience and will forward this transaction error information to the necessary personnel to be reviewed and acted upon.
So now I've faxed my credit card statement (which shows "The Desmond Restaurant", incidentally. Desmond being the name of the hotel that has both The Tavern and The Simpson), along with a transcript of the entire conversation. We shall see what happens next.