FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:42 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Have to say I was expecting worse in the pictures, but mold is mold I guess!!

As I have said my experience here was with issues with speaking to management and once I did they were not great at follow through! I do believe they closed my case as well which was reopened at the request of SPG!

I took the option of giving SPG a few weeks to sort it out and did not push things to much, just told them my experience and let them decide if the hotels actions were correct! In the end SPG came through and I got a satisfactory resolution and I am happy and after speaking to the GM I may even return to the hotel!

What I would say is the OP said during his issues at the hotel he wanted to move to a non Starwood property as they were not sorting this out! While I cannot day for sure I would imagine this is about the worst thing you can say in trying to dela with these matters! While it might get the initial attention of the staff it will certainly not endear you to them or make them want to help more! If there was a need to threaten to leave I would at least suggest saying another Starwood property rather than anything else! Once you start suggesting non Starwood properties it is probably quite likely you will get labelled high maintence and they will know no matter what they do from this point on you will try and get some form of compensation so why bother trying!

I am not saying the above does apply in this matter, but or the hotel is right, but I would say the mold does seem very minor and I hope you have some pictures of the other mold as sending those in to SPG might not be the greatest evidence they have ever had!