FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Silver status for another year [BA offer]
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:09 pm
Physci

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Buy Silver status for another year [BA offer]

My membership year ends in mid Nov and I've just had an email from the exec club offering to sell me renewal at silver for another year for £495. I'm currently short of 600 TPs but have a CE flight coming up which gets me to renewal so I'll not be taking up their offer - anyone else had this offer?

Email text

Dear Physci,

At British Airways we understand that at the moment there are a number of reasons why you may not be flying with us as often as you would like to. This in turn means that you may not earn enough Tier Points to renew your Silver membership this year.

As a special one-off gesture we would like to offer you the option of paying a fee to renew your current Silver membership*. The price is £495, which will maintain your Executive Club Silver membership and all the associated benefits and rewards for the next 12 months.

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, simply call 0800 408 0009, no later than 8pm on Tuesday 10 November. Please note that renewals cannot be made after this time and we regret that we will not be able to offer it to you again.

I hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of your Silver membership and we look forward to welcoming you onboard in the year ahead.

Warm regards,

XXXXXXXXXX
Executive Club Manager

* Terms and conditions apply.

Terms & Conditions

This offer is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways Executive Club Silver Card holder, specifically selected to receive this offer. British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this offer, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.

Eligible Participants will qualify for the ability to renew their current Executive Club Silver tier for the specified fee.

Eligible Participants will be required to make payment by 10 November 2009, no later than 8pm.

Once payment is approved, the Eligible Participant will renew at the Silver tier level for the 12 months following the expiry of the current membership year. All payments are non-refundable in any instance including where an Eligible Participant subsequently achieves the requisite number of tier points to renew their Silver tier.

Payments can only be made with a valid credit card through the Contact Centre number supplied in the communications. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal.

British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer, without notice, in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar events beyond its reasonable control.

This offer will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the Executive Club Membership Terms and conditions, and in the event of a conflict between the two sets of terms and conditions, the terms herein shall prevail.

Last edited by Physci; Oct 22, 2009 at 1:58 pm