FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Humiliated businesswoman frog-marched off British Airways flight in row over mobile
Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:38 pm
pjoalfa

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mkjr
what to do with people eating, dealing with kids that are yelling or people putting on make up...guess we all need to frog march them off the plane when they do not pay attention to the safety briefing.
AFAIK there is no rule that you have to pay attention to the safety briefing. But there is a rule that you have to turn off your phone.

I cannot understand how this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

I cannot take 101ml of shampoo on board (yet I can take 2 x 100 ). Is it a stupid rule? Yup (though I'm not saying the mobile rule is or isn't stupid). It's the rules. Everyone must follow them. Period. Most of you in this thread live in developed nations where the rule of law generally applies and works, right? So how can the selective flouting of rules seem OK to you? Come spend some time where I live and see what society looks like when a people do whatever they want regardless. I simply don't see the argument.

If you don't like the rule, campaign to have it changed. Otherwise....

Originally Posted by glamgirl20
Funny you should mention MPs... I nearly had to offload one a couple of years back, due to a phone issue....
Given the recent scandals with them in the news why am I not surprised they are the biggest DYKWIAs?