FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]
Old Mar 21, 2001, 9:10 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by bdschobel:
I recently ran into the same problem in London, for a stay in April 2001. I was told -- over and over again, by people at various levels of authority in Marriott -- that the nights do NOT need to be consecutive, as long as you don't check out of the hotel. For example, if you stay 10 nights, and only seven are available for free, that's OK. You pay for the other three nights, and use the certificate for the non-consecutive seven free nights. If you check out, however, then you cannot use any nights remaining on the certificate. I was told this rule so often and so persuasively and consistently, that I am convinced it is correct.

Regarding the London reservation that led to my learning this rule, I eventually got the missing eighth night in the middle for free, too. I had to order another certificate, however (30,000 more points).

Bruce
Dear Bruce,

Then, someone could use their free stays during the weekdays, when the rates are higher, then pay for the weekend rate, and then use the rest of the free days at the weekday rates, again?

Very interesting!!