View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 09, 7:46 am
family friend

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by ty97 View Post
I don't think AA has any codeshares DUB-LHR, presumably because they'd like you to take AA metal DUB-ORD and connect from there. DUB-ORD switches from daily to certain days and back and forth, so some Tuesdays it will not be running. It looks like you are trying to fly next Tuesday, 10/27? Unfortunately, that is a day that DUB-ORD is not running. It is running Monday 10/26 and Wednesday 10/28, so if your travel date is flexible at all you can fly DUB-ORD-NYC on one of those days.
I, too, would like to take AA metal but it is difficult since they are not flying DUB-ORD on the day I need to fly.

Originally Posted by Himeno View Post
Looks like it's just the AA flight to ORD or connecting in MAD on IB.
Is there an IB flight from DUB-MAD? I could not find that.

Originally Posted by Wexflyer View Post
You can still fly DUB-LHR-JFK (or DUB-CDG-JFK, etc) with the first leg on EI. You just won't get miles for the EI sector, which is not that far anyway. You can buy these routings on AA.com so long as you select "all carriers". I would note that even in the past when Aer Lingus was part of Oneworld, most people typically never got miles for the EI sector, as the AA codeshare was usually more expensive than just taking the EI flight no. directly, and cheap fares in EI did not earn miles, i.e. no real change at all.
This is my option, I think. However, I believe that if I were to upgrade the LHR-JFK flight I will now have to pay the additional tax for being in a luxury cabin, that tax isnt present from Ireland or Europe. Are there other connections I can take from DUB to an AA European spot?