Old Oct 20, 09, 8:55 pm
dfyant

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)

I am not writing to vent but rather to ask for advice on what to do next.

Stayed at the Parker Meridien in NYC 10 days ago for several nights. Paid upgrade to corner suite. Bathroom was broken and extremely moldy with a strong mold smell, so bad that it permeated the whole suite and became the topic of conversation whenever friends stopped by.

I had to fight (really hard - harder then I have had to fight in recent years at hotels) just to get moved to the same room elsewhere in the hotel. I was told that mold is "normal" and "not all mold is dangerous" to which I greatly objected. The next room was not as moldy, but still some mold and cracking falling paint in the bathroom etc.. Calling downstairs for the manager always resulted in a total blowoff (he'll call you back, he's out of town till Monday, he just left) etc..

Gave up and called SPG number and opened a corporate complaint. I was told that the manager would have to call me back within 5 days. Now it's been 10 so I just called SPG again and (after a 15 minute hold) am being told that the hotel closed the complaint and noted that they had spoken to me and resolved it. However that's simply not true at all.

What do I do next?

Last edited by dfyant; Oct 20, 09 at 9:27 pm