View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 09, 8:10 am
GTITAN

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by nikpack View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I apologize if this is not the correct forum, but I think it is. I'm a graduate student from the US studying overseas in Gothenburg, Sweden, have a ticket to come home for Christmas (my return flight on my original booking to Sweden), but am attempting to book my next flight back to Sweden.

My brother has graciously offered me to use his American AAdvantage miles. The shortest American Airlines itinerary I can find from CLT is 4 flights and >24 hours of travel time versus ~12 hours in 2 flights if I book a USAir flight. Now I realize the flight time would be longer with American since I need to travel to one of their international HUBs while I can catch a direct USAir flight to FRA from CLT. This seems a little long though.

From the patterns I've seen one of the bigest problems is there are no direct AA flights from CLT to JFK, where I catch my overnight flight to BRU and then jump over to GOT. All the itineraries I've seen have me going to from CLT to ORD, DFW, or MIA then to JFK.

Can anyone help me find a better set of flights from CLT to GOT during the week after Christmas but before New Year's (Dec. 27 - Jan. 1) using AA? I'd be willing to drive to a nearby airport, but don't know which ones I should try.

Thanks a lot for any help you may have.
Being CLT based, I wish I had better news for you, but if you have access to getting to a car or taking the train, you could pop down to RDU (about 3-3.5 hours) to fly direct into JFK. I did not check the time tables, but I assume it is doable. Otherwise if you need to fly out of CLT on this, you will need to make a few connections. Making AA work from CLT (especially if you need to get to NYC) can be a challenge, but the DAArkside goodness is good indeed!

Safe Travels