FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SpringHill suites vs. Hampton Inn
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2000, 11:04 am
afang

SpringHill suites vs. Hampton Inn

I stayed at both of these properties in Memphis, while we speak, I am staying in at Hampton Inn.
At first I was dissapointed when my travel dept booked me the Hampton Inn, for the hotel does not have suites, no microwaves and such. But after a few days I was pleasantly surprised to the above-par service, espcially in-room housekeeping. I work nights alot and housekeeping is a big thing for me, because I get up around 10am and will wish to take naps around 2pm. With SpringHill, the housekeepers would knock on your door, and when you don't answer, they won't come back till 4pm or better yet, won't come back at all. One time, I answered the door, and they made me to sign something so they won't have to come back to fix up my room. Of course I did not sign. Today, I got up around 9am went to work and came back around 10:30am and wow! the room was spanking clean!! Now that is great service to me!
Compared with Hampton Inn, SpringHill Suites nice suites will not be enough to keep customers if they do not make improvements on their housekeeping.