FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Humiliated businesswoman frog-marched off British Airways flight in row over mobile
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:04 am
Railroad flyer

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Originally Posted by Stez
Good god!

Why is it so critical to carry on using a phone *all* the time? I probably get flamed for this, but if people still need to use a phone while on board - that extra five minutes while sat inside before pull-back, then they need to manage their communications better - delegate it to someone someone else or warn people that one will be incommunicado for an hour or whatever time the flight is.

If it was an emergency (as it always seem to be), then it should been delegated to someone else who's in a better place to deal with it (business continuity plan anyone?).

What is so bloody hard about that?
You won't get flamed by me for this one!

It still amauses me no end when I hear people immediately get on the phone after the seat belt sign to say they have landed! I swear blind that they must have the phone permanmently attached to their ear to look important. Then again I used to sit on the train with a woman who worked in the same building as me who found it necessary to phone her office when she got off the train and 2 minutes from the office!

Wasn't there a radio dj whose husband used to scream "sell pork bellies" when people did this on landing?