FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Humiliated businesswoman frog-marched off British Airways flight in row over mobile
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:04 am
moeve

No body myself incl. have anything against making everyone turn off the cell just before taxi and the rest of the flight until one gets to the gate on the other end. While at the gate why are so all so mean just bear in mind one day it might be YOU who has to finish that very important call and I hope the people flying with you are just as considerate as you are.

I just don't understand what all the hype is about when the aircraft is still at the gate (PARKED NOT MOVING) - and it has to have been the case or the FA would not just been allowed to enter the cockpit on the quick (since post 9/11 it is supposed to be secured by law before the aircraft leaves the gate)and it would have been more than just a case of just opening the door. The quote said something about "I'll have them reopen the door so that you can leave."

Over and above that I really cannot believe a Capt would return to the gate (which costs money) just because the FA comes into say she won't turn off her phone. and how come she still had the time to get up and ask the FA for his details if they were already on the roll - sorry folks but I am not convinced they had already left the gate.