FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Luxury Hotels of Spain and Portugal - site inspections
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:41 am
Londonjetsetter

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Revolution
The Four Seasons Ritz is the old Intercontinental Lisbon. Last time I stayed there the rooms looked old and tired and the bathrooms were really disappointing with very old fixtures.
I believe the hotel has just had a soft refurbishment but seems like bathrooms remain the same.
Saying that the rooftop gym is quite amazing. There is a nice Spa and indoor swimming pool ( overlooking hotel gardens but unfortunately you cannot access them from the pool even in summer).
Food at the Restaurant was great but service and athmosphere were a bit too formal for my liking.

DavidO, Did you try Hotel Bairro Alto and the RC Penha Longa in Sintra?

Imho, the Westin Madrid well is just another Westin, The Ritz is like you said old and tired. The Villa Magna is what used to be the Park Hyatt and has just been refurbished.
The only exciting addition to the Madrid hotel scene is the Hospes Madrid. It is small, stylish and in a great location. The restaurant is excellent.

Same for Granada. I think Hospes is the best option in town. It is very private and the mix of contemporary and traditional works well. The food was sensational.

Have you tried the Hospes Palacio del Bailio in Cordoba? It is a wonderful hotel. I really love it and would go back in a heartbeat.

Thannks for the report.
Bairro Alto in Lisbon is great. I would definitely stay there again.