FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA applies for JFK-BOG
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:35 pm
jlp187

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jlp187
i know i'm jumping ahead, but does the application (password protected) mention projected start operating day? i have a wedding in BAQ 2010, would be nice to fly JFK-BOG in the morning and hop on a short flight to BAQ.
ok, i answered my own question

see below:
--------------------------------------------

American Airlines, Inc.

OST-2009-XXXX - Allocation of Seven Weekly US-Colombia Combination Frequencies (JFK-Bogota)

October 13, 2009

Application for an Allocation of Seven Weekly US-Colombia Combination Frequencies

American Airlines, Inc. hereby applies for an allocation of seven weekly US-Colombia combination frequencies in order to operate daily New York JFK-Bogota service beginning January 5, 2010, or within 60 days of the Department's decision. To fund American's request, we seek the transfer of authority from Delta Air Lines, Inc., which was awarded seven weekly JFK-Bogota frequencies in the 2007 2008 US-Colombia Combination Frequency Allocation Proceeding, final Order 2008-5-27, May 21, 2008.

On October 1, 2009, Delta filed a motion for "flexibility" to use its New York-Bogota award for additional service to Bogota from Atlanta (OST-2007-0006). By" flexibility" Delta apparently intends to move all of its Colombia service to Atlanta. As we show below, the Department should re-allocate Delta's seven frequencies to American for JFK-Bogota nonstop service, and should deny Delta's motion.

American's service proposal will provide significant public benefits in the New York-Bogota market. Southbound, American will depart JFK at 1600 and arrive in Bogota at 2145. Northbound, American will depart Bogota at 0900 and arrive in New York at 1445. American will utilize 188-seat B757 aircraft (22C/166Y), and will offer convenient connections via JFK to a number of behind cities on American and American Eagle.

Counsel: American, Carl Nelson, 202-496-5647