FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 8, 2003, 6:01 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I checked into this resort on Sunday.

The gentleman at the front desk recognized my Diamond status and upgraded my room to an "Executive Room" with fireplace and sitting area. He also provided me with breakfast vouchers for each morning of my stay... and gave me a diamond ammenity card to complete.

The diamond ammenity arrived within 15 minutes of checking-in (there were lots of options on the card... I chose simple items: chips & salsa and a few bottles of water.)

The room is fantastic... great fireplace (although you need to open the glass doors if you want any heat from it) and a nice size sitting area. This room is comparable to suites I've had at other resorts... albeit with one (king) bed and 1 nice bathroom. The bathroom comes with toiletries from their spa.

The resort is well maintained --no sign of wear or poor maintainance. My room was clean & comfortable... although the high-speed internet access in the room needed some tweaking (the cables in their high-speed modem weren't set right...but a few minutes of tinkering fixed that situation.)

As someone else mentioned, valet parking is steep --$18/day ...but I took a limo in from DEN and didn't bother with a car. (And its a good thing too... I-70 doesn't look like a fun drive with all of this snow they're getting.)

Service throughout the resort is great --everyone I've bumped into has taken sincere interest in making sure my stay is a good one.

This place is a very good Hyatt in my book --and a great winter sport destination.