FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 19, 2003, 1:04 pm
FlyLots

Programs: AA-PLT, UA-Prem, BA-Silver, SPG-PLT, Hyatt-PLT, Hilton-GLD
Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Stayed in this hotel previously when it was still the Swisshotel. Just stayed there last nite for the first time as the new Hyatt (it switched in June I believe).

Obviously physically the hotel has not changed in such a short time (Hyatt sign is still a tarp out front hanging over the old sign). The "schtick" if you will with this hotel is that it is designed as a set of four story "mini-atriums" stacked on top of each other - they claim to make it feel like a more intimate hotel (whatever).

Bellman (which the Swisshotel only had sporadically) gave a warm greeting, directed to check-in (on the third floor). Only had to wait about 3 minutes for check-in (3 agents on duty at about 6 pm). Was warmly greeted and when I asked about possible upgrades was quickly told I had already been booked into a "Lafayette Suite".

Room was excellent (it's the XX01 series). Building has a bit of a weird shape and this room utilizes otherwise unusable space in one of the corners. Long hallway leads to a smallish living room area with a couch and chair and desk (as well as a bookcase with real books). Standard minibar and TV in here. French doors then lead into a triangular bedroom with the bed on the angled wall with a little "mini-canopy", also chair and usual TV armoire in here. Then almost a u-turn leads into a very large "pre-bathroom" area with a sink and the closet. Then typical bathroom although unusual shape.

Everything in the room has been rebranded Hyatt, with all the standard amenities and toiletries. They still have the dispensors on the wall for soap, shampoo and lotion left from the Swisshotel days.

Room service was quick, hot, pleasant and quite tasty.

Overall not the best in town but a great choice for somewhere to stay within walking distance of the financial district where you can earn points on a quick overnite to Boston.