FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:01 am
Tummy

I just returned from my trip to Disneyland and our stay at the Hyatt Orange County (Garden Grove).

As I said in my first post, we stayed on a $27 / nt priceline bid for 3 nights. A few friends from San Francisco were also staying there for $99 / nt booked off the hyatt web site.

We were assigned room 803 in the south tower. I had requested a room in the north tower, but the front desk clerk said that there were no non-smoking rooms available. Our assigned room faced the interior atrium and the furniture was a bit run down. We didn't spend much time in the room since we were out sightseeing during the day, so the quality wasn't a big concern.

In comparison to the renovated North Tower, our room was not nearly as nice. We really liked the large windows in our friends suite.

I just read on this forum, that I could have been comped Diamond status due to my Hilton Gold. I think that would have made a difference when I had requested a room in the north tower. I also usually enjoy having breakfast in the hotel while vacationing, so it would have saved us a bit of money if we didn't have to go out each morning.

We found it difficult to find parking at some of the local restaurants for dinner and the wait times were about an hour. The hotel restaurant was almost always empty.

Our total came to about $130, which includes the room rate and parking for 3 days.

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 01-27-2003).]