FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time flying with QR - Questions
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:56 am
Internaut

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by maverickflyer
hi,

i'm flying qatar airways for the first time later this month IAD - DOH - DEL and back. i carry one large bag (the tom bihn aeronaut) and a waist pack. i don't check in any luggage.

the aeronaut is a little longer (by 5cm) than their sizes posted on their website, but i can pack it so that it is within their size limitations. i'm more concerned by the 7kg weight limit. i'm curious if they weigh the luggage in DOH or any place else. i don't have a laptop i can pull out, and the camera i will be carrying is fairly small, not significantly contributing to the weight.

thanks!
-m
Be careful. Their web site says one thing about allowable bag size while the guides at the airport may be quite a bit smaller. We're not talking a US airline where it is often considered quite acceptable to break the record for world's largest bag ever squeezed into the bin a of 737 here. At IAD you may get away with it depending on exactly who does the ground handling but you may have issues at DOH or DEL......