FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Poaching in F on AA. On the increase?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 1:09 pm
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
This might be brash but here is how I avoid musical chairs and the general chaos of boarding that takes place even in F/J.

First, I leave the a/c about 15 minutes (20 minutes for widebodies) before boarding is to commence. When F (or subsequently J) boarding is called I am the first up to the BP reader and then haul a..s down that jet bridge like a typical New Yorker. I choose the bulkhead (which many FF don't like), quickly throw by bag up and have everything I need in flight already out. I put on my headphones with music as I walk down the jet bridge. As soon as I settle into my seat I close my eyes and relax. Between headphones and closed eyes most paxs won't bother with you. Once it looks like all the F paxs are settled in then I "wake up" in the anticipation of a pre departure drink although that tends to be 50/50 at best.

Those few times that I am flying International on a Q fare I have followed the same strategy but when EXP/PLT is called. However with the recent change on SWU use hopefully I can avoid the back of the bus as much as possible.