FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Upgrade Available But Not Clearing: Shouldn't I Have Gotten It Already?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:19 am
Watchful

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Watchful
I seem to be having a new glitch on a NW-metal ticket booked on nwa.com.

Mrs. Watchful is a brand new silver medallion - and we split the reservations so each would be eligible for upgrades separately. (Done several days before upgrades would run.)

As it turns out her seat was upgraded but mine has not. Rather odd...NW upgrades usually go through rather predictably for me.

I called the elite line # and she said my status clearly shows, so she did not know why this happened.

I will do online checkin this afternoon and see if the upgrade goes through at that time.
I was able to get the upgrade at checkin, as it turns out.

Coming home, the same thing happened. Mrs. Watchful received her upgrade as a silver, and I did not as a gold. Again, I was able to receive an upgrade at checkin.

My gold status shows correctly when I look at the itinerary - so I am not sure why the upgrade sweep missed me. Anyone else having similar issues with upgrades. Again this was all NW metal - originally booked as a NW gold - reservations recently separated from Mrs. W's - first flight since the Oct. 1 merger.