FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Dec 11, 03, 7:35 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

I have to disagree. In the 10 times that I have visited Montreal, I think anyone would be hard pressed to describe any part of the downtown area as seedy.

Second, as noted, it is perfect for the many festivals that Montreal holds over the summer, and some in the early spring, like the Hi-Lights festival, which I believe to take place at the Place des Arts, as well.

Third, it is extremely close to Chinatown, and no more than a 15-20 min walk to either the Old Port district, or the Plateau Montreal District, not to mention the McGill area.

With the Renaissance Montreal's passing, there is no better hotel in the area, as the Courtyard, 4 Points, nor the Delta holding a candle to it.

Fourth, aside from the SpringHill Suites which is in a great location, and the InterContinental on the edge of the Old Port, it's location far surpasses that of the Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont or Sheraton (unless you are principally on buisness).

Finally, as I noted above, many individuals have rated this a quite good hotel, Wideman aside, and it was awarded some sort of award for hospitality last year.

With Hyatt's taking it over, its service credo to its guests cannot help but improve.

Final tip.

Assuming that the GP rep gave me accurate information, I have already booked via Wyndham reservations, various dates for the property, with the expectation that the rates will be honored by Hyatt.

I don't know if Hyatt's rates will be lower or higher than on their website, but this property does participate in the Entertainment Discount program, and therefore, you can get this hotel for $135 CDN, if available, which whacks out to a little more than $100 US.

That is quite a bargain in my book, especially during high demand times.