FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Dec 11, 2003, 1:11 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Since I started this thread, I can amend it as well, and I have done just that.

Although I was truyly excited about Hyatt's having taken over a property in Montreal, my enthusiasm has been seriously tempered by reports by Obahsan -- See Page 2 of this thread -- that this property does not comply with the minimum standards we have come to expect from Hyatt.

What's more, my e-mails to various Hyatt personel have yet to be answered, even though more than a day has past since I sent them.

Obasahn's treatment, and my alarm that I may experience the same, have apparently not motivated Hyatt to comment on this matter.

Therefore, it is best to avoid this property until further notice.

----------------------------------------------------------
Just spoke to a GoldPassport rep and she advised that from 12/15/03 onwards, the Wyndham Montreal will be converted to a Hyatt!!

The Wyndham is the semi-official hotel of the Montreal JazzFest, which IMHO, is the best festival of its kind, anywhere, and I have been to many, including, New Orleans, Montreux, Copenhagen, etc.

It is situated right next to the area which is cordoned off for the Montreal JazzFest, and many of the featured musicians stay there during the festival. While there, they have been known to have late-night jams which are free.

This is absolutely fabulous news.

The following is taken from the Wyndham website, as I don't know how much longer it will be there!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The Wyndham Montreal is the ideal destination for business or relaxation. This marvelous hotel was the winner in 2002 of the Ulysse Award for the best hotel in Montreal. Hospitality, comfort and convenience promise a memorable stay.

With our recent $25 million renovation, we feature 600 handsomely appointed guest rooms and suites with spectacular views of this dynamic, world-class city. Relax in a guest room full of thoughtful touches like two-line phones. Enjoy classic French fare at Le Café Fleuri. Unwind in our well equipped gym and take a swim in our indoor heated pool adjacent to our beautiful terrace and gardens.

If you need to reach Le Palais du Congres Convention Centre, our underground passage makes it convenient and easy. We're close to the city's best attractions, so be sure to save time to explore. Visit the 150 unique shops and restaurants and adjacent Complexe Desjardins. Stroll along trendy St. Denis and St. Laurent streets, where fashion is everything. And don't forget Chinatown, Old Montreal and the Place des Arts. There is direct access to the subway and Montreal's underground city.

When Montreal is your destination, the Wyndham Montreal is here to bid you the warmest of "bienvenues." </font>

TripAdvisor has a large number of reviews on this hotel, and they are largely quite positive.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jun 17, 2004 at 3:02 pm Reason: Change in Hyatt's Attitude.