FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis preferred, What's the point?
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2009, 7:19 am
tony flynn

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Thanks for the replies, the opinions are much appreciated.

I booked through the British Airways website because Avis are the approved car hire partner and thus I pick up miles on the booking.

The option to enter my Preferred number at the time of booking doesn't exist but when I log into the Avis site it's easy to update the booking and make sure it's attached to my profile.

I should have added to my previous post that I booked an Avis rental in Las Vegas in January and also in Orlando in June - in both cases my name was on the board on arrival and the whole operation was seamless, both of these booking were made the exact same way.

The point is that in both ATL and TPA it was clearly stated that no substitute would happen and very clearly implied that I was being a nuisance.

I struggle to understand how a base model Chrysler 300 is an upgrade from a Cadillac DTS or how a Town Car is in any way comparable.

My instinct tells me I met with lazy employees in both locations but the issue is then compounded by the lazy response from Avis customer services.

I realise that with only around six rentals a year, I'm not much of a gain or loss to a major rental company but I pay in advance, rent luxury every time and if you just give me what I pay for, you'll have my loyalty.

So come on Avis, tell me how you tried harder?