FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 2, 2003, 10:23 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
very nice hotel -- but it's way "out of the way" for most of Osaka. The RC is quite nice with a good selection of food and breakfast. It can get overcrowded, the concierge then sends you back to your room and calls you when space opens up -- you can't stand around waiting. This has happened to me twice in the evenings, not ever in the AM. There is a passenger dock not far from the hotel (you go right past it-- there's a stop -- on the elevated train that stops outside the hotel, but I have no idea if it's the one you want. There is a direct bus from KIX -- check the web site for the Hyatt Osaka, I beleive they list the bus stop number. I take the train, then the subway to the hotel, but I never have much luggage -- that would be fairly intimidating if you are not used to Japan . . .and with lots of luggage very difficult. The hotel has good restaurants, but it also is connected to the "trade center" which is a huge shopping complex with LOTS of choices for food. I really like the hotel, but the location is not good unless you are attending the convention center or going to Universal Studios. I can't imagine that they won't have a tour company to pick you up -- but the subway (one change of trains) will get you to Shin-Osaka or Osaka station and it's then a 20-30 minute train ride to Kyoto. You really don't need to take a tour to Kyoto unless you really want one -- they are not cheap. Yes, you can do it on your own.