FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF CDG-SIN kept on tarmac in 40 degree heat with no a/c: man dies
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:16 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by creber
The performance and resilience of an organization shows not how they handle normal operations (already not stellar for AF, but OK), but when a problem arises (no other airline at least in Europe has so many stories of f**king up problem and crisis handling). Same old story with AF...
Just a datapoint on management of irrops, unrelated to the Bucharest mishap. I had a minor problem exactly two weeks ago on the second early morning flight from ORY to LCY. During the flight, 10mn after our scheduled arrival time, we were informed that we would be landing in ... STN. Not really happy as my meeting was scheduled to start 30mn after landing, the time we arrived in STN and I was paying a CRT fare. I fully expected the worst, as there is no AF flight at STN, but was greeted by Servisair staff (I usually also expect the worst from Servisair), who led us to the baggage carousel and then to a bus stand where we waited 15mn for a chartered coach to bring us back to LCY, where we arrived at 11:10, 2h10 after our scheduled arrival time. It was irritating, but adequately managed on that occasion by AF.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 9, 2009 at 9:23 am