FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:32 am
aussiechris

Great stay in stall for you...

I have just finished a 6 day stay here and had another satisfying stay.

When I arrived, Tina at reception was very efficient and friendly and upgraded me to a suite that she considered the best room in the Hotel (#123).
Breakfast is served in the Lounge which is just off the buffet breakfast area although I chose to eat out in the restaurant.No problems at all, it is complimentary for Platinum guests and I was never charged when I ordered non buffet items liked cooked eggs.
I was also given complimentary internet which was a little slow so I reverted to my 30 day T Mobile wireless account that I set up in Frankfurt and speeds were very fast.A great idea for those who are travelling in Germany for more than a week and very low cost...less than 1 EURO/day.
The location is an issue for some people but not me and I was happy to pay 20 EURO by cab to Messe and 10 EURO to Kropcke for shopping.
I noticed the Hotel is a little quiet on weekends and this may cause you to stay at the Kastens or similar closer in but the walk in the forest (no running...injured) is a unique experience.
Jessica runs a very efficient front office team and last minute laundry or ironing was no problem.
Nice people, a clean and superior experience.
One of the best Sheratons I have stayed at....let me correct that one of the best Starwood Hotels I have stayed at.