FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checking Bags From Hawaii
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:08 pm
family friend

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by hillrider
Ouch, I should have known better: the quality of AA training is abhorrent and US law is such that there's no consequence for giving out false information.

Since nobody here seems to know, and as you point out it's an AA-sold, AA-marketed flight, why don't you try to get something in writing from www.aa.com/customerrelations ? At least if it's favorable you can print it out and give it to HA, or attach it to your request for refund if HA still doesn't honor it.

You should also share your frustrations with the DOT at http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm or by calling 202-366-2220 (24 hours/day): not only this will ensure that you will get a correct answer (AA has special people answering to the DOT and they don't give out false information), but you help the DOT identify an area that needs fixing: since the flurry of fees is so new, they don't have much experience with customer problems related to them.

For the knowledge here please post what answers you get from AA/DOT.
Many thanks for the suggestion but I dont have an interest in getting the DoT involved and I would not argue with the HA personnel. I dont want to pay the fee but if I have no option then I shall pay the $10. It is frustrating however that I cannot receive an answer.
For now I will hope that BMoney logs on and responds to the query regarding his recent itinerary.