FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I got my integration Welcome to DL packet today
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:50 pm
Lehava
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by hw711
Nop, just a card and letter.

And my issue is more that I already got a DL GM card prior to the integration so why are they wasting money to print/send me another one. That just made me feel like they DIDN'T plan this thoroughly.

If I were in charge of integration, I'd

1. gather the mapping of SM/WP accounts
2. merge the accounts
3. replace all the old WP # reference with new SM # in system
4. print new creditial and mail them out

2 and 3 can (and should) be programmed to excute immediately one after another. This way, the there wouldn't be as many inconsistency problems.

It makes no sense to print out 1 month old creditial only to have to redo them later.

I'm a software developer for a trading firm so I guess I'm more used to thinking any major deployment very very thoroughly cause any screw up can cost the company a lot of money and me my job.
I agree with your way of thinking and do it the same with my clients, but if you read this forum DL/NW does not have the most understanding or patient client base. I am sure they were tryng to be pro-active to keep the "no-no penguins*" somewhat placated. Either way they were screwed with this population

** no-no penguins references "Our Iceberg is Melting" (which is a book on change management by John Kotter)