FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:53 pm
InHoc

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Kauai or Maui for Family Vacation

I need a little advice from those who have been to these resorts. I've booked two award rooms for our family of five to the Kauai Hyatt next Spring. My reason for selecting this property over Maui was largely due to the favorable reviews from this board. It sounds like Maui is a decent option, as well, so I thought I'd throw it out to those of you who have been.

Our particulars: three girls who will be 10, 8 and 3. It will be the older girls' 3rd trip to Hawaii, but we've only been to Oahu and the Big Island. They're fairly typical, as they like kid's camps, any kind of water activity and have become a little too accustomed to executive lounges (spoiled, yes - unruly, no).

Also, I just found out that the Kauai Hyatt does have a suite available (23,000 points instead of 30,000; and a $200 deposit instead of a $400 deposit), but it only has a king bed in the bedroom and our children will need roll aways. 1,200 sf with a patio and ocean view sounds pretty tempting, though.

Also, what about rental cars? If we're only there 4 nights, should we still get a car to drive around?

Thanks, in advance.