FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 5, 2003, 2:29 pm
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Problem with Hyatt Monterey...

Hi,

I have a problem with the Hyatt Regency Monterey which I cannot get resolved by myself, so I look for some advice.

When we stayed there this April we had a problem on the last morning when my wife showered and some undesirable animals dropped on her from a hole above the shower-head.

When we checked out I mentioned this fact to the agent, and quite embarrasedly she offered me a free night at this hotel plus taking off any incidentials I incurred during the stay from my bill. We were on a Priceline-reservation, so we could not get a refund on the rate.

However, after receiving my credit card invoice I noticed that they still charged me about 115$. So I called the Hotel, and after a few calls I finally spoke too someone who basically showed no real concern about my problem, but after about 15 minutes long-haul-call I convinced her that she should imvestigate this issue further. Since then, however, I have not received any further information on the case (for about a week now).

So any idea on how to escalate that any further so I get at least a refund for the money I was promised I would not have to pay? I have signed all the slips that lead to the charge, so reversing the credit card charge is not really an option...

Any suggestion would be really apreciated!

Greetings - Dirk