FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 18, 2003, 7:37 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

A Return Visit To The Park Hyatt in Melbourne Australia

Greetings All,
I have not been to this property since the grand opening.
It was with great curiousity seeing how they would perform after the legnth of time I was gone.
My first stay (around the original grand opening) had a number of bumps in the road
In short the property this time did an outstanding job for the most part.
However some defects still remain with the room design of this property.
There is very poor lighting in the guest room area both with brightness and lighting function near the desk area
Making it a great choice for romance but not so great for working in !
Lighting in the bathroom however is excellent.
Hard to control in room thermostats leave you hot or cold.
Was able to overlook these concerns for the most part.

PH Melbourne has one of the best Regency Clubs in the Hyatt family worldwide.
The high weird height of the coffee tables in their lounge drive me nuts
But at least they are different
Unusual and lucky to have a Regency Club @ any Park Hyatt .
It really made the difference between a good stay and a great one with very high quality food and beverage.

Melbourne is one my favorite cities in the
world.
I could go on about this in some detail
but on the top of the list is the spectacular warm,kind people that live there and make the city the world class city it is.

As this Hyatt goes it has a very nice staff.
Service is highly satisfactory.
However with that said there is still better service in the city of Melbourne.
Attention to detail and quicker follow ups to requests for one.
Perhaps it is somewhat because the city itself is so wonderfully relaxed and not part of the
faster, quicker, better, time is money formula business world some of us revolve around in our ever fast paced lives.
Maybe a good stiff drink might slow some of us down a bit and help us fit in better and adjust !

Melbourne remains one of the greatest hospitality centers of the world in this mans opinion.
In almost any other city I would
rate the Park Hyatt Melbourne even higher.

Returning on Faster Free Nights the hotel treated me just as if I was a full revenue paying Diamond guest upgrading me to a jacuzzi suite with a fine view of the city and the church next door.
While this in of itself is something to admire the Park Hyatts dedication to our loyalty doesn't stop there
There is one other extrodianary fact to consider
This was a sold out event period in town for the popular Grand Prix.
My expectations perhaps were quite lower then normal upon check in.
However hopeful I still remained.
It is properties such as this that not only win our future business and referals but bring great prestige to Hyatt and superior brand satisfaction

Food service has also improved at this property and I did all I could to use all the hotel f & b services possible in gratitude for such an exceptional stay.

The front office manager has a long standing association with Hyatt in Australia and I remembered him from many years ago when he worked at The Hyatt Regency Perth
Without him recognizing me in advance as a former guest there was no special treatment offered
Yet treatment was just shy of stunning considering they were just following procedure.I for one was deeply impressed.

Since the Park Hyatt Melbourne opened and my original stay experience I have since found other properties that I have been staying with instead .
Things might have to change next time around.
The Park Hyatt Melbourne means business and its out to keep GP members satisfied and happy.
Mark a star at the top of your list when considering the Park Hyatt in Melbourne
You won't be sorry
Bravo to all at the Park Hyatt in Melbourne and thanks for a stay I will long remember.

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 03-18-2003).]