FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancelation / refund
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:00 pm
Nick90274

Programs: AA EXP
BA Schedule Change on AA-BA Itinerary, Free Change?

I know in the past AA has always put me on another flight if I call and ask after they've made a schedule change. However, I've never had an instance where it was another carrier making the schedule change. I'm flying home for Thanksgiving from Edinburgh and am currently scheduled coming back on the 29th to fly LAX-ORD-LHR-EDI with the last leg on BA. I just looked at the itinerary and have been put on a BA flight getting me into Edinburgh two hours later than the original ticket I booked which means I'd be missing my only lecture at uni for that day. So if I'm gonna miss that lecture anyway I'd like to spend Sunday back home instead of flying and just get a return flight back to the UK on Monday and get into Edinburgh early Tuesday. Will AA allow me to make this change for free seeing as there was a schedule change?

I'd normally just pick up the phone and call AA but I don't have a landline and don't want to waste my minutes. Thanks for any help!