FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:49 pm
Cheapskate Travels

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PatMike
Are banks rejecting them? What if I just keep the deposits "reasonable" ($500 per visit)?
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Banks don't seem to care whether you have the NA coins or the ones with the Presidents. I've never found one that does.
It doesn't matter as to policy if they take them or not. We can still deposit NAs or Presidents but the Presidents make the banks a lot happier. So much so that one teller mgr always comes from the back and asks: "Natives?" and is almost always disappointed.

I should've been more specific as to context in that what often matters is whether or not collector demand in your area has been completely satisfied for the presidential coins. A number of banks that we go to that require us to unroll and put the NAs through the coin-counters will gladly take Presidents unrolled to sell back to other customers. This allows us to increase our deposits when we get them, as well as actually making some of the tellers happy to see us.

No one in our area wants the NAs in the same way, so that limits us at most branches to under 2k per day.