FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time flying with QR - Questions
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:12 pm
maverickflyer

Originally Posted by Internaut
And a big hello from the Escape Lounge at MAN T-Chav. A few points of information for everyone:

1. My check in agent was specifically weighing everones' hand luggage.

2. The luggage guides at MAN contradict the Qatar Airways online size guideline by a fairly wide margin. Fortunately, I did not have to fit my luggage into these.

3. My bag was over the weight limit with laptop.

4. The check in agent explained that 'laptops go free', which I took to mean 'one piece + laptop'.

5. There is nowhere to buy a laptop bag in T-Chav (thought there was a Samsonite shop but was wrong).
hi,

i'm flying qatar airways for the first time later this month IAD - DOH - DEL and back. i carry one large bag (the tom bihn aeronaut) and a waist pack. i don't check in any luggage.

the aeronaut is a little longer (by 5cm) than their sizes posted on their website, but i can pack it so that it is within their size limitations. i'm more concerned by the 7kg weight limit. i'm curious if they weigh the luggage in DOH or any place else. i don't have a laptop i can pull out, and the camera i will be carrying is fairly small, not significantly contributing to the weight.

thanks!
-m