FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 13, 2002, 12:26 pm
EXPLAT

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hyatt Coconut Palms in Naples, FL

Excellent new property!

Just finished staying there for business for a week. Took my son and signed him up for camp Hyatt each day which he enjoyed.

The three pools are very nice and the staff is very cordial and helpful.

Tried to get a suite upgrade but as a Platinum could not get one. Told that even Diamonds are now only upgraded to RC and not a suite.

However the difference this time was that the Assistant Manager working the front desk took the time to explain the rules to me and was very cordial the whole time. He had the right attitude and I walked away satisfied with the explanation even though I did not get what I wanted.

I consider that to be great customer service and superior training when I can walk away satisfied while not getting what I want.

I was trying to get a Jr. Executive Suite on the front corner of the building. I did end up with a very nice room with a balcony. Get a room on an odd sized floor. The even numbered floors have no balconies.

The only negative were bugs called "no see ums". They are like mosquitos in that after they take a "bite" out of you it itches. The girl at the pool said they were working on trying to get rid of them. This is not a hotel problem but a general problem in the area.

All in all an excellent stay!

Alfred--